Yess, the summer break is over… But that doesn’t mean the fun is over. It’s time to go back to school! That means: seeing your friends again and have a fresh start with new and positive energy.
What I like about going back to school?
I think the main reason why I love to go to school is seeing all my friends again, Everyone has been on their own vacations, and everyone is working in de summer break, so seeing everyone after all those weeks is always fun.
Then there is also the new start. You can start your year all fresh. I may be the only one who likes this, but I love getting all new school supplies. Just getting all ready to learn new things already gets me excited 😛
Also, FASHION!! I love to dress up for school. Dressing up always makes my day a bit more fun. It makes me feel good and I think feeling good is very important to study better. Offcourse you can also just go for the casual look, as long as you feel comfortable and good in your own skin.
Here are some tips that will help you study:
- Study in chunks: Take breaks when you need them. Breaks are necessary to help you rest your mind and regain your attention.
- Use daylight hours: Sleep is the best thing for you. Get your studying done during the day to avoid late nights and a tired mind.
- Eat properly: Food is your fuel for thought. Eating healthy food will give you energy and brainpower.
- Study actively: Find creative ways to keep your mind active.
- Create a study environment that will avoid distractions. Control noise levels and study under good lighting. Do you need complete silence around you or do you need music? Find what works best for you.
- Structure your studies: Keeping to a schedule will help you stay on top of your studies. You may have to turn down going to the movies with friends, but you will be thankful in the long run.
- Plan ahead: Planning in advance never hurts. In most cases. It will help keep your studies and personal life balanced.
- Don;t be afraid to ask for help: You should always be comfortable emailing of calling someone who can help you with your problems. But don’t wait untill the last moment.
- Dress for succes: Studies show that dressing up, even a little bit, helps boost your confidence. Even when you’re at home. If you study in your pajamas, you may have more difficulty getting focused and feeling good about what you’re accomplishing.
- Study in groups: Depending on the subject, it can sometimes be better studying alone. But in other cases, forming a study group can be to your advantage.
So these are some tips and tricks that may help you. I will definitely try to do all these things.
I hope you’ll have an awesome year and wish you all the best in school!